July 17, 2009

Old El Paso Enchiladas

Being born and raised in the great southwest,I've come to love spicy foods. My favorite meal comes from Old El Paso Products.

A plate of Enchiladas, re-fried beans and Spanish rice. I have a short story to share with you before posting this recipe: I am sure it’s pretty much the same for most of us. We grow up not thinking much about how food, music, tradition and so many aspects of our lives stem from our roots. I am addicted to Jalapeno’s! I knew that but I did not realize the impact it would have on me if I were not able to get my hands on them. Did you know they don’t sell jalapenos at the Burger Kings in Hawaii? They offered me hot sauce instead! They don’t sell them at the Pizza Hut and they don
’t carry them in the grocery store! The canned ones yes, if your lucky but the fresh ones? Forget it. Two weeks, no jalapeno’s. My digestive system went haywire! Anyone been to Hawaii? Finding a good Mexican food restaurant? Not happening! I now add a few to my purse when traveling! No Joke! With that being said, here's the recipe. I am not Mexican. I’m a whitey. I don’t boil red chili pods to make my enchilada sauce, and rarely do I cook Spanish rice from scratch. I use Old El Paso products to create my favorite Mexican dinner.

Ingredients:

1 – 32 ounce cans of Old El Paso Enchilada Sauce.
1-16 oz can of Old El Paso re fried beans
1-16 oz can of Old El Paso Spanish rice.
1 Package Of Old El Paso Taco Seasoning Mix






1 lb. of pre-cooked ground beef. Drain fat.
½ cup of finely chopped white onion
1 lb of shredded sharp cheddar cheese
8-12 Corn tortilla shells


Fry the corn tortilla shells lightly, only till they are soft (3-5 seconds on each side). Use a paper towel to blot excess oil and set aside. Grill onion in one 1tablespoon of cooking oil until lightly browned; add pre-cooked ground beef and the package of Old El Paso Taco seasoning mix. Cook another 2 minutes or so until well-mixed then set-aside. Heat the Old El Paso Enchilada sauce and line up your serving plates. Submerge one tortilla at a time into the sauce and place onto your plates. Top each with some hamburger mix and some shredded cheese. Pour some extra enchilada sauce onto each and repeat the process for desired number of enchiladas. Serve with Old El Paso Refried beans and Old El Paso Spanish rice.

1 fresh jalepeno Yum!

6 comments:

MadeInCanarias said...

I love Mexican food! And your enchiladas sound good! Thanks for sharing.

Blessed2Serve said...

[smile] I loved your post about not being able to find stuff in Hawaii. I'm from Texas originally, but have been in Hawaii for about 6 years. Fresh jalapenos are definitely difficult, but not impossible to find! Same with Mexican food. ;o) Next time you're in Hawaii, let me know. We have EVERYTHING here!

Blessings!

the brown couch said...

I love Mexican!

Blog Hoppin'
Deborah

HeatherOz said...

Great recipe. So easy to use the pre-packaged stuff. I love it!
Thanks for sharing!!
Heather

Anonymous said...

good one! i just added lots of bran-new emo backgrounds to my blog
http://www.emo-backgrounds.info

Anonymous said...

Nice blog check out my arcade site!

[url=http://blackpenguin.net]free online games[/url]

About Me

I am forever in search of great deals, finding freebies and entering contests. I love to test all the newest freeware programs, software utilities, and services. I created this blog to share my links. I love to read, watch great movies with my daughter, go boating, scuba diving and fishing (with my hubby because my daughter hates to fish!) and; I chat online or play yahoo games with my son who is in the navy and stationed in Japan. I am always busy, more likes then dislikes and there is never, ever enough hours in a day to enjoy it all!

  © Blogger templates The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP