September 11, 2009

Victims Of Sept 11, 2009. God Bless You. Our Prayers Are With You Today.

I go through life day by day not paying much attention to what I ate, my activities or my thoughts. I couldn't tell you what I did last week on a given day, much less a day eight years ago. September, 11th-2009 is a day that I can recall every detail of my life, the horrid thoughts that ran through my brain, where I went, each person I saw, and how I felt. I felt so insecure, so apprehensive and my sense of safety was rattled (for lack of a better term that's actually an understatement). My heart ached for the victims of 9-11, their families and their friends affected. At the same time, I was so grateful the attacks did not hit my hometown, that my family, my friends and my loved ones here were safe. Then I felt so guilty, "How awful to think that!"

The entire day ran in slow-motion. In fact, anytime a tragedy strikes my life, the world stops turning. Alan Jackson's song, "Where were you when the world stopped turning" says it all. There are several songs written in tribute to the World Trade Center attack on September 11th, 2001. They all tell a story that spans from how I felt then to how I feel now and everything in between. I've added my favorite videos below to share with you. Most importantly, lets keep the victims of September 11th, their families and loved ones in prayer today. Let's be thankful for our loved ones and our lives. We are not guaranteed a tomorrow so let's live life!











0 comments:

About Me

I am forever in search of great deals, finding freebies and entering contests. I love to test all the newest freeware programs, software utilities, and services. I created this blog to share my links. I love to read, watch great movies with my daughter, go boating, scuba diving and fishing (with my hubby because my daughter hates to fish!) and; I chat online or play yahoo games with my son who is in the navy and stationed in Japan. I am always busy, more likes then dislikes and there is never, ever enough hours in a day to enjoy it all!

  © Blogger templates The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP